Hello!
Life can be interesting sometimes. Most times in the middle of the mess, you are being taught or reminded of something.
Here's a story I need to journal so I can remember.
In March I got new tires. When I got home I saw this little wavy star thing on my dashboard. I thought it was just an extra cap I didn't need, so I threw it away. At least I thought I did. I rode over a nail. My tire pressure was low, because of the nail stuck in it. Air was leaking out and I needed to change it, but I couldn't find the wheel lock key anywhere. The wheel lock is an anti-theft device so your tires will not be stolen. Without it, my tires cannot come off, and therefore cannot be changed.
I looked all through my car and it was nowhere. Then I saw something on my Ring camera with a long tail that looked like a snake, and I got scared and didn't want to go back outside in the dark. I was so sure I had thrown that wheel lock away. I was ready to call the dealership and pay for a whole new set today. But God knew it was in my backseat the whole time. It had been looked everywhere in my car - from the dashboard to the backseat. I asked God to help me. I surrendered. Then, I found it. The very thing I was sure I lost was with me all along. Sometimes when you least expect things, they just show up.
This reminds me of a story I read by Max Lucado. At the time my faith was so low, I thought it was ridiculous. He talked about praying for a bicycle when he was a kid, and he even told God exactly what color he wanted. He says his parents never knew the exact details, but when they gifted him his new bicycle, it was exactly what he had envisioned and what he asked God for.
I leave you with this "Surrender is the most powerful act of the will you will ever choose.
No comments:
Post a Comment